Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Just a little post...

It's getting late for me, so I'm not going to make this too lengthy!

We are learning about 2D shapes this week, so we charted them first thing!

(Don't judge my drawing skills here... some of those shapes were a little tricky for me, ha!)

I changed out my math bulletin board to include our chart and some of my 2D shapes

We did a shape match in our math journals. 


We started reading, The One in the Middle is a Green Kangaroo" and made inferences based on the front cover!


And, we will continue with more shape and Green Kangaroo activities this week!!!

I just finished up a little Earth Day Unit that you can pick up {HERE}

Almost half way through the week... we're getting there, right?!!

9 comments:

Melanie Conger said...

Great ideas! On my way to check some more of them out. Thanks for your creativity!

Melanie
First Grade Brain Sprinkles

diditeach said...

Our next Math unit is all about 2d and 3d figures so this looks great ....your charts look amazing, you should see me draw !!!! I brought home tons of math marking (regrouping unit wrap up) so I am avoiding work and blog stalking :) Love your ideas !

Miss DeCarbo said...

I love the shape match-up in your notebooks! :)

Second Grade Sugar and Spice

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Love the anchor chart!
Jennifer

First Grade Blue SKies

Sarah Paul said...

I love that book. :) Your charts look great and your Earth Day unit is definitely going on my wish list!
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Emily said...

One of my darlings invented the word 'rectagon' this week.

Emily @ Second Grade Silliness 

Cynthia said...

You've been given a TOP 10 award! Check it out here...

www.2ndgradepad.blogspot.com/

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

where did you get your shape posters. looks great thanks mary at apopovic@primus.ca

Scipi said...

Your blog was nominated for the Calculating Heart Award by Mrs. Lies of Love2Teach. Hop on over to my blog for the details and to grab your award.

http://gofigurewithscipi.blogspot.com/